RGC Safety Program
Working in the constructions industry is dangerous. Jobsites are a dynamic
environment - ever-changing and full of potential hazards, especially
when workers are under schedule pressures. Work-related accidents can cause
serious injuries and most are preventable. While worker safety is our foremost
priority, safety related incidents are costly and impact the success of the
overall project. The goal of RGC's safety program is to provide a safe
working environment through education and prevention. Performing jobsite inspections
is a key element to providing continuous improvement to our overall safety
program at RGC.
RGC's Safety Director is responsible for the development, implementation
and improvement of our ongoing safety program. Safety compliance is achieved
by periodic jobsite inspections to assess safety conformity. Safety checklists,
digital photos, and physical inspections are used to ensure clean and safe
jobsites. Educating workers on safety precautions is the best preventative
measure to avoid incidents.
Poor safety practices represent risks to our workers, clients and our company
which is why RGC has invested in a full-time Safety director responsible for
and committed to the safety compliance throughout the organization.
With over 25-years experience, RGC's Safety Director is OSHA 500/510 authorized and responsible for RGC's overall safety program.
RGC Safety Director Receives MESH Certification
from Safety & Health Council (6/29/10)
Safety Training Offered by RGC
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour
- 100 % Fall Protection
- Accident Prevention
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Material Handling
- Power Tool Use and Guarding
- Construction First Aid / CPR
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Competent Persons, Excavation
- Competent Persons, Fall Protection
- General Housekeeping
- Trenching and Excavations
The following mandatory requirements in RGC's Safety Program:
- Weekly toolbox safety training for workers and subcontractors.
- Each jobsite has at least one person certified in first aid/CPR training.
- Drug testing - RGC implemented a mandatory drug testing requirement in 2009.
- All new hires or individuals involved in a safety incident are subject to drug testing.
- Complete cooperation during safety briefings, trainings and inspections are required.
For more information on how you can take advantage of RGC's authorized safety training, please contact our Safety Director at: 919-779-8890 or e-mail us.
Return to Top